[mythtvnz] mytharchive not removing ads?

Jason Haar jhaar-ourshack-com at whanau.org
Sat Jan 3 04:57:34 GMT 2009

Hi there

I'm happily using the mythtv editor feature to remove ads so that the
family can sit down and watch episode X of whatever without
interruption. The "scissors" shows up against such episodes, and indeed
the ads have totally disappeared - trés cool ;-)

So, I tried to archive some episodes off onto DVD. I choose the episode,
ensure the cutlist checkbox is checked (which causes a nice drop in the
estimated amount of DVD diskspace to be used) and burn it off.
Unfortunately, I end up with a (working) DVD that includes all the ads!

I then tried the same thing with nuvexport. Again, it asks if I want to
use the cutlist, I say yes, and I end up with mpg files containing the
ads I painstakingly removed earlier!

Is there some extra magic hand-waving I need to remember? This is under
mytharchive-0.21-14.fc10 on my Fedora-10 laptop frontend, and nuvexport
under mythtv-0.21-198.el5 under CentOS5 (yes - same problem on two
different systems - CentOS5 is the backend)

Thanks

Jason