[mythtvnz] COM: Front-end machines

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Tue Feb 17 02:37:41 GMT 2009

Nick Rout wrote:
> Jaysus this is frustrating, finding a low profile vdpau card is
> p***ing me off. I thought I'd bought one but it didn't match the
> picture, it was huge, full size and 2 slots wide! Luckily a friend
> wants it.

I got a Asus EN9400GT, it is half height has a fan and has two backplates.
One is full height 1 slot, the other is 2 slot half height.

I've found that my one gets stinkin hot doing VDPAU/H264, and has
crashed the machine at least once.  If you have the option of 2 slots of
space take it. I don't have the choice unless I drop a capture card or
change my m/b.
An extra fan has helped, but now my HTPC sounds like an extractor fan.