[mythtvnz] DVB-T signal strength

Dr. David J. Knowles dknowles at clearfield.com
Mon Feb 16 22:31:35 GMT 2009

I believe that Nova T cards have signal strength issues if the amplifier
is not used.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI

    * *Very Important* Turn on the onboard amplifier or you will get
      very poor signal strength. It is possible that this will cause you
      to receive no signal at all due to the amplification of signal
      noise regardless of signal quality.

sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/options
/Add:/ options dvb-usb-dib0700 force_lna_activation=1

Dr. David J. Knowles  <dknowles at clearfield.com> Senior Systems Architect
Phone (+64 9)  358 2081                          Clearfield Software Ltd
Fax   (+64 9)  358 2083                    1st Floor 8-10 Whitaker Place
Mob   (+64 21) 75 9090                P O Box 3901 Auckland, New Zealand