[mythtvnz] Low power CPU

Greg Brackley lists-mythtv-nz at lucidsolutions.co.nz
Mon Feb 16 11:35:11 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin Gilks" <g8ecj at gilks.org>
> I've seen mention in passing 60W AMD Athlon64 CPUs and 45W ones - how do I
> know what to order when all it says on the sellers web site is:
>
> AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ CPU (AM2)
> Socket AM2, 2.8GHz, 1Mb cache per core, Retail Boxed with HSF Cooler
>
> or is the lower power another family altogether (and I'm getting confused
> yet again!!)

The pricing page (http://www.amd.com/pricing) provides an idea of what's
available. e.g.

    "Athlon X2 5600 (2.9GHz, 65W, 1MB total dedicated L2 cache, 2000MHz
HyperTransportT bus, socket AM2)"

Which doesn't quite fit with what you have. Seems to be a 100Mhz speed bump
offset with half the cache. The 45W CPU's are also listed there.

If you read the tech docs you can determine the "Ordering Part Number (OPN)
see [2]. Then you can verify with the seller what they are selling. Google
found [3] for me, which makes the tech docs look nice. Don't know if that is
any help.

Greg.

[1]
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_9485_9487,00.html