[mythtvnz] About time for some VDPAU testing

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 03:52:12 GMT 2009

Hi

2009/2/14 Justin Hyde <ivstinivs at gmail.com>:
> Where do I "find" VDPAU?   I had thought VDPAU was something that had to
> be downloaded and installed without the need for configuration or
> activation (please excuse the ignorance leaking out from my fingertips).

You wrote:
"Switching to Jean-Yves Avenard's mythtv, updating to latest Nvidia
drivers, and updating mplayer has made the overall quality go down"

so you obviously "found" VDPAU. My repository's mythtv package
contains a modified mythtv with VDPAU support

Then just like any other video profile in MythTV, you need to
configure your video and TV playback settings.

This is one of the most basic MythTV configuration:
have a read there...

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles