[mythtvnz] About time for some VDPAU testing

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:41:36 GMT 2009

Hi

2009/2/11 Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>:
> Finally had a chance to place with VDPAU and the 180.25 driver. I've
> written up all of my findings here.
>
> http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/2009/02/11/initial-vdpau-testing/
>
> Next up is to try the slightly newer 180.29 driver, and find a card with
> better VRAM to test TV3.
>
> Overall - good, but not WAF ready.

You should definitely try 180.29 as well as the new mplayer set of
patches ; the calculation of the maximum number of reference frames is
now far better...

I'm yet to find a H264 videos not playing with them... But as you
wrote, that you only have 128MB of video RAM is going to be a problem
in your case..

Did you give a try to mythtv ?

Jean-Yves