[mythtvnz] Getting remote to work on Ubuntu 8.10 - Hauppauge Nova-T-500

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 03:36:47 GMT 2009

Hey guys,

Good news, I figured it out (mostly).  I used this link:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6440182&postcount=7

With a slight variation on its theme.  Seems that the main issue was
the kernel interpreting the remote as a keyboard (or other input
device).  I've had a similar problem with another build.

Now all the buttons work and there seems to be good mapping in the
lircrc files but the volume in MythTV seems to be disconnected from
the master volume.  So when I alter the volume while watching a
recording there is no change in the actual volume and the main mixer
doesn't move.  I'm sure this is an easy fix so can anyone point out to
me how to solve this that would be great.

Man its good having the remote working!!!