[mythtvnz] Getting remote to work on Ubuntu 8.10 - Hauppauge Nova-T-500

Hayden Lovett hayden.lovett at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 16:54:57 GMT 2009

<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI#lircd.conf>

Use the following command to find out what event it is using

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

The following file contains the udev rules for ubuntu

sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules

You should use a udev rule to fix this in place, because the event number
isnt fixed

KERNEL=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="IR-receiver inside an USB DVB
receiver", SYMLINK+="input/dvb-ir"

*If you use this, use the commented line in hardware.conf*
*You will also need to reboot (or reload the right modules) to get the
input device right*
*If this doesn't work then try replacing KERNEL=="input*" with KERNEL=="event*"*

Then use this line in hardware_conf
DEVICE="/dev/input/dvb-ir"