[mythtvnz] Nvidia GPU M/B

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Mon Feb 2 23:28:31 GMT 2009

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Graeme Woollett
> <graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> My 8400GS just died, overheated, AVOID.
>> Are any of the 9400GT cards passive and single slot?
>>

> were you running vdpau at the time?

I was at work at the time it stopped, took down the whole machine.  It
was setup for VDPAU but I don't think it was playing at the time.
Thankfully inserting another card brought it back to life.
I have never seen a card that has run this hot, the PCB has discoloured
as a result.  I'm bit surprised that Gigabyte would produce such a
poorly designed card.  After all though it was only $40 in price :-)
If anyone knows of a good VDPAU elegible card that is takes a single
slot let me know...  My m/b is a micro ATX and is full of cards so no
options.