[mythtvnz] Nvidia GPU M/B

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Feb 2 10:29:26 GMT 2009

> Hi,
>
> What about getting the parts seperatly... eg an ASUS EN9500GT Silent for
> around $115 and an Atom M/B. Only problem is I havn't found an Atom M/B
> yet that suits..
>
> NVidia ION will be teh answer!
>
> Quentin

I've been looking at the problem the same way I must admit - passive
cooled 9400GT or 9500GT PCI-E card and a suitable low power motherboard.
Hopefully with a PCI-E riser to allow a slim case by cocking the video
card over on its side (I wonder if they cool OK like that).

At least by using seperate backend and frontend I know I won't need extra
CPU for commercial flagging etc in the frontend and keep all the noisy
bits out of the lounge!!

I guess I'll have to look at the backend/server replacement first while we
await the new generation of Atom/nvidia motherboards - the old box is now
6 years old and I'm starting to notice things like USB only being 1.1 so
plodding along at 12mb/s - makes it hard work backing up 800Gb of raid
disks!!

--
Robin Gilks