[mythtvnz] Importing videos..

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 23:32:32 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Stuart Whelan
<mythtv at somepointinthefuture.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> My google fu has failed me....
>
> I am using Mythbuntu 9.10.
>
> I have a whole lot of episode DVD's that I have previously ripped
> using dvdshrink and import into my mythtv system.
>
> The rips consist of a VIDEO_TS folder with .vob, .bup and .ifo files.
>
> What is the best way of importing these into mythtv, or otherwise
> making them accessable to my mythtv frontends?
>
> One possible catch, I need to perserve the subtitles.

simply put them in the directory where your videos reside (on
mythbuntu its /var/lib/mythtv/videos by default)

You cannot however access them via storage groups on 0.22.

A neater way might be to convert them to mkv files via makeMKV
http://www.makemkv.com/

(warning its not 'free' as in 'libre')