[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu 9.10 HDMI audio for nvidia?

Stuart Whelan mythtv at somepointinthefuture.co.nz
Thu Dec 31 23:10:45 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Douglas Pearless
<Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz> wrote:
> I notice that the audio over HDMI for the NVIDIA GT210 and GT220 is
> still a work in progress and patches are being tried in the alsa-dev
> list to try and figure out how the codecs work.
>
> I am following this closely as I have a GT220!
>
> Douglas.

An update on this...

I found the socket on the nvidia card and the pins on the motherboard
that I need to connect.

I did not the the correct cable, but by studying some photos of the
correct cable being used I was able to work out which pin was gnd and
rig my own cable.  I *think* it was correct.. The magic black smoke
did nto try the run away, as least.

After doing this I was still unable to get any sound out of the system
through the HDMI cable.

I was given up for now and gone back to a VGA/audio cable.

Thanks for all the advice and help!

Stuart.