[mythtvnz] Frontend access of backend DVD drive?

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 31 03:47:35 GMT 2009

yuri wrote:
>> Personally I rip all our DVDs to a file then store the media.
>
> This seems the technically right thing to do, but what if it's a
> rented DVD? Who but a saint would have the strength of character to
> delete the ripped copy when the DVD is returned? I know I wouldn't.

The moral dilemma comes when a legally bought and paid for disk doesn't rip.

Or even worse, the newer DVDs that have a serial number on a piece of
paper inside the case, allowing a free download of the digital version
of the movie   (Ice Age 3, and Harry Potter the most recent one)
Great idea, but the file is a WMV and doesn't work in myth.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/