[mythtvnz] Auto commercial skipping after skip forward or back

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Dec 30 06:47:04 GMT 2009

Help!  WAF is low!

My mother's new MythTV box is doing something very strange.  Only from
the remote control, if I push any of the keys that move forward of
backwards in a recording by skipping (left or right arrow, up or down
arrow), the frontend is doing the skip, and then seems to be doing an
automatic commercial skip immediately afterwards.  From the keyboard,
the keys all work correctly.  I have compared the setup with what I
have on my MythTV box, and, allowing for the differing remote
controls, it all appears to be the same.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to get rid of
it?