[mythtvnz] Chch setup help please?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 22:45:12 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Wayne
<waynefilter at embeddedengineering.co.nz> wrote:

> Allegedly the openchrome XvMC is fixed with the 2.6.31 kernel, which
> I've updated to. Possibly the trouble I'm having is mplayer options.
> It didn't like the -xo xvmc option (complaints about scaling). I've
> yet to look deeply into that, maybe in the next couple of days.
>
> Cheers for the offer Nick. :-)

Wayne, in preparation I posted to the mythtv-users list and got one
reply. You can follow the conversation here. I am waiting for Richard
Morton to post back the address of his 'rough guide'.

You will see ubuntu 9.10 allegedly works, so I am veering towards that
solution. Unless you want to run a separate backend and frontend, in
which case minimyth could be a good solution.