[mythtvnz] Chch setup help please?

Wayne waynefilter at embeddedengineering.co.nz
Mon Dec 28 06:24:06 GMT 2009

Hi folks.

Can someone in Chch help me set up MythTV on a Via epia m10000,
PVR-150 system on-site please?

I've given up again today, after about 6 attempts over 3 years, across
3 versions of 4 or so OS's. Always it seems that XvMC isn't working as
advertised, the set-up scripts don't apply to the particular version
of MythTV, EPG is flakey or mumble-mumble etc etc. Curious really, as
I've done countless successful linux installs on many systems, and use
it and other *nix'es everyday.

I'd be grateful if someone could help on-site, I can provide transport
if necessary, and unlimited espresso (have a rather nice Ethiopian
grind in at the moment).

I have other PC's and broadband available, and will cheerfully bribe
with a banana cake, or assistance with electronics etc

Cheers,
Wayne