[mythtvnz] Trouble running tv_grab_nz-py with 0.22

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 20:54:19 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have just upgrade to 0.22 mostly OK after some user created issues.

I'm now onto setting up the XMLTV grabber, tv_grab_nz-py.

I downloaded tv_grab_nz-py from nice.net.nz/tv_grab_nz-py copied it to /usr/bin/ and made it executable.

In the Mythtv Backend Setup, I can choose the nz grabber, I then go to configure but after a few lines it either crashes or brings up the configuration for a different grabber (eg spain).

I just tried again deleting all sources and adding a new. This time I get an option to delete the existing configuration to which I agree yes. I then get a list of grabbers but the configuration has locked up.

I also tried a manual configure tv_grab_nz-py --configure, this seemed to work, but I couldn't get the backend setup to use this as I have to go through the configure option.

I'd appreciate any help for this one.

Cheers