[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu 9.10 HDMI audio for nvidia?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 23:09:21 GMT 2009

2009/12/21 Jean-Francois Pirus <jfp at clearfield.com>:
>  > The TV is connected via a DVI -> HDMI cable.
>
> DVI does not carry sound, so if you have your mythbox connected to your TV
> using DVI, then you won't get any sound on your TV.

Of course it can...

The DVI cable carries the same TMDS signal as HDMI. Sound can be
embedded in it. To carry sound you don't need special pins that only
the HDMI connector has

The DVI standard didn't define sound , but as HDMI is compatible you
can carry sound.

I use the DVI cable to connect to my TV because that's all I had
available at the time , and I have sound running.