[mythtvnz] HVR-1200 and EPG...

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 01:12:50 GMT 2009

2009/12/16 Robert Connolly <rob at webworxshop.com>

> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 10:25 +1300, Ross and Jemima Knudsen wrote
>

> > Hi Rob,
> >
> > Here is the linuxtv page for your card:
> > http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1200
> >
> > Looks like the analogue is not supported.
>
> Well, that's annoying. Looks like I'll have to try getting a DVB
> broadcast with it (which probable means a new antenna in my part of the
> world).
>
> Yeah from reviewing hardware on the linuxtv site in the past not many of
the analogue/digital combinations support analogue.  And with the move to
digital broadcast support for analogue is likely to drop.

Apart from having to get a new antenna you'll be happier with digital as
there are more channels and at higher definition.  Alternatively if you
bought the card specifically for the analogue support you may be able to
return it/swap it for one that has dual tuners?  eg Nova T 500 is popular.