[mythtvnz] HVR-1200 and EPG...

Robert Connolly rob at webworxshop.com
Tue Dec 15 21:03:13 GMT 2009

Hi Everyone,

First off, apologies for the newbie questions, this is my first time
playing around with MythTV, so please bear with me.

I recently purchased a Hauppauge HVR-1200, which is a hybrid
analogue/DVB-T card. I'm aiming to eventually hook this up to my sky box
via it's S-Video connection, but for now I'm just going to capture the
standard analogue broadcast via my antenna.

I've set up the card in my box and it is detected by MythTV, but I don't
seem to be able to use it in analogue capture mode, it is only detected
as a DVB card. Is anyone else using this card for analogue capture?
Perhaps I'm missing something here?

My other question is regarding EPG/XMLTV, I was wondering what the best
way to do this in NZ is? So far I've tried the tv_grab_nz-py script
from: http://nice.net.nz/tv_grab_nz-py/, but I've seen that there are a
couple of other options. What is everyone else using?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Rob Connolly