[mythtvnz] Non-myth frontend; commflagging?

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Tue Dec 8 22:10:51 GMT 2009

Hi guys, I don't use a MythTV frontend for watching programmes, I just
use the myth backend to record them, and then ship the recorded file
directly to a PopcornHour player over NFS.

I see that by default Myth is doing commflagging on everything ... so
I was wondering, how reliable is it, and how should I go about taking
advantage of this for my playbacks? Will it detect the beginning/end
of a programme as well as the breaks within it?

For some programmes, I'd happily just cut the advert breaks out
completely, and keep a single play-straight-through file.
For others, keeping the original file would be nice, but having
'chapters' so I can skip over them entirely with the ">>|" next button
would be good.

It doesn't matter to me whether the task is run from within myth (user
job?) or from the command-line later ... so any news about how to do
this will be welcome!

-jim