[mythtvnz] DNLA/UPnP server

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 00:25:00 GMT 2009

 Just to add my 2c.  Do the Sony Bravias you tested on have in-built
freeview decoders?  If they do (like the ones now coming on the market)
wouldn't they have to be able to be able to decode mpeg2 container and H.264
streams that are currently broadcast on FreeviewHD (including the
LATM-AAC)?  Or are they not able to tune all Freeview channels?

One interesting thing to note is that I have tried playing back a recording
from Myth on my Windows 7 laptop.  It won't play the audio as I'm assuming
its LATM.  However I have a HDHomerun tuner on my network and when accessing
it using Windows MC it plays all channels fine.  So there might be something
in the way Myth processes the stream which means that Windows doesn't select
the right decoders.  I would look into it a bit more but my laptop is now
kaput.  :-(