[mythtvnz] Auto mythfilldatabase FAILED: xmltv returned error code 512.

tortise at paradise.net.nz tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Dec 5 00:40:42 GMT 2009

This will probably happen to someone else also so here is what I did as there's not much about this error around that I could
find...

This is using tv_grab_nz-py

Automatic:
Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2009-12-03 05:28 and ended on 2009-12-03 05:28. FAILED: xmltv returned error code 512.
Fix:  Create file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/{INPUTNAME}.xmltv

Manual mythfilldatabase via Terminal:
Error: FAILED: xmltv returned error code 512.
Fix:  Create file /home/{USERLOGON}/.mythtv/{INPUTNAME}.xmltv

I am not sure what was supposed to write these files as they did not get written in mythtv 0.22 running under mythbuntu 9.10..

For Freeview populate them with something like:

channel=maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
channel!georgefm.freeviewnz.tv
channel=rnz-concert.freeviewnz.tv
channel!stratos.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv3.freeviewnz.tv
channel=c4.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tvnz7.freeviewnz.tv
channel=parliament.freeviewnz.tv
channel=basefm.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
channel=prime.freeviewnz.tv
channel=rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tvnz6.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv2.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv1.freeviewnz.tv

Sky users will need the Sky channels here also....