[mythtvnz] Migrating storage groups from 0.21 to 0.22

Noel & Di noel at igrin.co.nz
Thu Dec 3 09:12:32 GMT 2009

Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 06:30 +1300, Noel & Di wrote:
>
>> I thought storage groups eliminated all the
>> issues with re-recognizing recordings.
>>

> You can move them from one directory to another but they still need to
> be in the database to start with.
>
> hads

Thanks Hads.
I still struggle with the database & live in mortal fear of a diminished
WAF if I jigger things up.
I have Mythbuntu 9.10 on sda (16GB CF card on IDE) - all good save not
recognizing recordings on sdb.  Storage drive on sdb (250GB HDD with
storage groups as recorded by Mythbuntu 7.10)
Redundant system on sdc (250GB HDD that has Mythbuntu 7.10 OS on it)
9.10 is working as it should, all drives are mounted & accessible, All I
need to do is grab the 0.21 database off sdc and copy it to sda.  Sounds
easy if I say it quick!
So, after hours of trolling, I am thinking of doing this.
If I am booted up off sdc, with 7.10 and I then F1 to a terminal screen
and log in as (computername) then do

mysqldump -u mythtv -p -t mythconverg record recorded \
oldrecorded recordedprogram recordedrating \
recordedmarkup recordedseek > recordings.sql

I should end up with recordings.sql from the 7.10 setup.
So now I shutdown, re plug the drives & boot up off sda with 9.10, copy
recordings.sql from sdc to sda, then

mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < recordings.sql

Now will this work, or do I risk breaking things?  Does the 0.21
database fit into the 0.22 structure?
Am I brave enough to face a reduced WAF?  Or do I just worry too much.
so long as Coro records all is good.
ta.