[mythtvnz] case for mini itx FE solution

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 23:32:33 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Andrew Ruthven <andrew at etc.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 13:40 +1300, Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:
>
>> Hence the question - what case would/do you use for the mini-itx board
>> that seats in the lounge?
>
> I took an old '80's CD player, gutted it and put a mini-itx board and
> DVD drive in it.  It looks very retro in my stereo cabinet.
>
> One of the long-term goals is to wire up the buttons on the front panel
> so they can control MythTV.

I read a howto once on using a standard keyboard chip to wire up to
buttons to emulate keystrokes. Of course myth works with keyboards
natively and this setup would work well.

The keyboard works something like a grid, each key is identified by a
row and column. When you short row x and colunn 4 it produces a
certain key. Work out which two inputs to the keyboard chip for each
key you want.

I didn't explain that very well. I shall google for original article...