[mythtvnz] DNLA/UPnP server

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Dec 1 08:50:54 GMT 2009

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:09:48 +1300, you wrote:

>> Does anyone have any idea how to
>> get MythTV to become a UPnP/DLNA server?
>
>It is automatic these days as long as you did not use 127.0.0.1 as the
>backend address. If you did use 127.0.0.1 the all "external" networking
>functionality (including DLNA) is disabled.
>And you can't just change to the real address either, as that value is stored
>in the database.
>I'm sure there is a procedure to do it though.

Thank you, that looks to be my problem.  During install, there is a
question about using external access, and I always answer yes to that,
but it insists on setting things up as 127.0.0.1 anyway, so that is
what I have at the moment.  So now I have to find out how to change
the IP address - last time I attempted it, I got nowhere.  This time I
know more about SQL so I should be able to track down all the places
where 127.0.0.1 is currently used.