[mythtvnz] The Myth of HD with HDHomerun and Mythtv - no more

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Aug 30 23:51:31 BST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] The Myth of HD with HDHomerun and Mythtv - no more

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Tortise<tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> For anyone wanting another option, I am now watching HD on mythbunutu
> courtesy of JYA and mythtv 21538.
>
> Scans using "NZ" now. Not done a scheduled recording yet.
>
> The Silicon Dust guys have an excellent track record of continuing to evolve
> the firmware and keep the hardware current. IMHO they are ahead of what
> NVIDIA has achieved with Linux vdpau so far.
>
> Particular advantages I see in the HDH is that any connected PC can watch
> Live TV, even if the mythtv server is down. (e.g. with VLC, outside mythtv,
> given the pcs got enough oomph to do it.)
>
> Anyone interested in hearing more of this?

If there are any tricks or process involved in getting the hdhr going
in NZ ....

No special tricks over using code with enough code to do the job!

Bear in mind I am only saying I have got a picture.  How stable and reliable and indeed how well configured my box is remains to be
seen.

Other than Steve's testing I don't think anyone else on this list has put their hand up as having one of these?  Seems I may be the
only NZ person on this list currently testing this kit?