[mythtvnz] Tuning Adding Prime to DVB-T

Dr. David John Knowles dknowles at clearfield.com
Sat Aug 22 06:28:30 BST 2009

Hi,

I have just added Prime to Myth TV without rescanning which is too scary
for words for me.

Here is how I did it (I am in Auckland your results may vary elsewhere).
This should be safe but I make no guarantees ;-)

It appears that the original tuning for Myth TV will already have the
tuning for Prime.

Prime is on the same multiplex as Parlament TV.

The original tuning for the channel was "Reserved 5KSD", channum = 244.

For this reason all we need to do to add Prime to the Myth TV is to
rename an already existing channel.

This command runs the mysql command line tool.

mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
<Enter the password for the mythtv access to the database>

Check that the channel exists:

select * from channel where mplexid = 20 and serviceid = 1404;

If this does not work try:

select * from channel where channum = 244;

or maybe:

select * from channel where callsign = 'Reserved 5KSD';

Change the where clause in the following SQL to match the query which
works:

update channel set callsign = 'Prime', name = 'PRIME', icon = '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/prime.jpg', xmltvid = 'prime.sky.co.nz', default_authority = 'crid://prime.sky.co.nz' where mplexid = 20 and serviceid = 1404;

Now the system recognises Prime as a tuning channel. Add in the channel
to the Freeview configuration file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv

channel=prime.sky.co.nz

if you run mythfilldatabase from the login account (normally your
created user account in Mythbuntu). Also do the same for the /home/<MY
ACCOUNT>/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv

finally run mythfilldatabase to fill the episode guide.

I hope this is useful.

David

Dr. David J. Knowles  <dknowles at clearfield.com> Senior Systems Architect
Phone (+64 9)  358 2081                          Clearfield Software Ltd
Fax   (+64 9)  358 2083                      Level 1 8-10 Whitaker Place
Mob   (+64 21) 75 9090                P O Box 3901 Auckland, New Zealand