[mythtvnz] Udev, 3 pci cards dance around the os.

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Thu Aug 6 23:26:20 BST 2009

2009/8/6 Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Barry Clearwater<barryc at bcsystems.co.nz>
> wrote:
> > Problem. On reboot, pci cards are changing their positions with respect
> > Myth.
> > Much good reading on Udev in the mythtv wiki, followed this and tried to
> > apply the answers, created a rule set with adaptor101 adaptor102 etc
> > I now have a quandary. The machine has two Nova S satellite cards and 1
> Nova
> > T 500 dual terrestrial digital card.
> > Udev has helped us nail the two Satellite cards to a fixed position,
> mainly
> > because they each have a different serial number. The USB based Nova T is
> > however being a pig.There is nothing to differentiate one of the usb
> > receivers from the other.
> >
> > 1. Does anybody have 2 satellite + dual nova t setup like ours that could
> > share their Udev solution?
> > 2. Is there another way or something I've missed?
> > 3. Why is this so darn hard?
>
> Why does it matter if the two DVB-T tuners swap place with each other?

If  it was just with each other I would not be asking for help, as there
would not be problems cropping up.
They swap places with the dvb s cards as well. A dvb s card needs an lnb.
Plus its difficult to create a udev rule or link to both receivers in the
card as they don't have any differentiating attributes.

Has anybody got the dual nova t with satellite cards in the same box?

--

Barry Clearwater
Email: barryc at bcsystems.co.nz