[mythtvnz] Aleutia H1

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 04:21:12 BST 2009

> Looking at the box it just is a
> http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-mini-itx-enclosure case and a
> Zotac Board.
>
> Am I missing something?
>

> H1 with Dual and 4G Ram = 249 Pounds ($600 NZ)
>
> or
> Case: $60 NZ
> Zotac Dual $500NZ
> RAM: $40 NZ
>
> So about the same price

Missing the CF card and required adapter, unless it was going to be network booted. Say another $60.00.

I reckon once you add GST for your direct import (it is likely to be charged on something of this value) you are pretty close in dollars either way. In the end for me the tipping point was local support, if something goes wrong with the Zotac, I can return to a NZ address.

As an aside, with that case, what do you do about an optical drive? I guess you can always rip DVDs to the backend hard drive, but that isn't totally family friendly. I'll be adding an optical drive once I find a slim optical drive. I used the Apex MW-100 case.