[mythtvnz] IR USB

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Sat Aug 1 04:49:16 BST 2009

2009/8/1 Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com>

> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Wade Maxfield <mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz>wrote:
>
>> On 1/08/09 11:31 AM, Barry Clearwater wrote:
>> > {risking a flame war!!}Sorry Nick, but I really don't understand the
>> fuss
>> > about top bottom or middle posting!{/risk} Is it a mail client problem?
>>
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>
>> Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
>>

> This argument against top posting doesn't seem to be very effective - if
> people saw this as a problem they'd already be bottom posting. I think the
> reason top posting s<snip>
>
> The best reason not to top post (IMHO) is that top posting makes it hard on
> people getting the digest version of the list. Those people don't get the
> list nicely threaded so it helps them a lot to get nicely trimmed messages
> with context at the top.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve
>

> ########

That particular reason I can understand. Unfortunately as I've been using
gmail of late which shrinks all the previous emails to a little purple "-
in threaded mode, I've not understood how uncomfortable it could be for
another user and clearly other email clients. I must confess however, I've
googled for a page that indicates preferred styles for this mailing list and
come up with only other posts. Plain text versions of the mail with > and
where is this etiquette page?

--

Barry Clearwater

Email: barryc at bcsystems.co.nz