[mythtvnz] lirc discussion (was: VDPAU Results)

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Thu Apr 30 03:20:41 BST 2009

I fiddled around with the udev stuff and could not get it to link to the
correct lirc entry, always links to the USB device and does not then work,
so I wrote a script that does the job - my very first script! I feel just
like a grown-up.

#!/bin/sh
#Assign correct lirc dev entry to remote control link

myremote="eHome Infrared Transceiver"
myremotelink="/dev/mceremote"

rm /dev/mceremote 2> /dev/null

for (( i = 0; i <= 9; i++ ))
do
	if (udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/lirc$i))
2>/dev/null|grep "$myremote" >/dev/null
		then
			ln -sf /dev/lirc$i $myremotelink
			echo "$myremotelink set to lirc$i"
			exit
	fi
done

echo "$myremotelink not assigned to lirc entry!"