[mythtvnz] New Mythtv user

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Wed Apr 29 23:15:48 BST 2009

Hi all,

I am almost nearing completion of my first media center build, using
Mythtv. So far, my experience has been really good with just a few
hiccups along the way like getting Lirc (*shudder*) going. I am also
completely new to Linux, although an experienced Windows user.

My build is using:

MythTV 0.21

Ubuntu 8.10

Hauppauge Nova-S Plus DVB-S tuner card

Asus GeForce EN8500GT graphics card

All displayed very nicely on a Sony KLV-40V300A 40"  LCD TV over
DVI->HDMI.

I also use my media center for XBMC - watching movies, tv shows and
listening to my music library. Myth is used purely for Live TV and
recorded TV.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has a similar setup,
particularly dual use with XBMC. Still trying to work out the optimum
way to switch between these applications from the remote.

Cheers

Aaron