[mythtvnz] Acer Revo for mythtv?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 03:03:22 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Jason Haar
<jhaar-ourshack-com at whanau.org> wrote:
> Just saw this on The Register. Acer is releasing a "nettop" based on
> Intel Atom CPU with an Nvidia 9400M video card - specifically aimed at
> HD video users. Looks like it could make a great frontend...
>
> ...only 150 pounds...
>
> http://go.theregister.com/feed/www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/04/24/acer_revo_storage_switch/

Discussed at large on the mythtv-user list, eg here (and other threads).

Does indeed look like a good frontend, although there will be other
ION based platforms in development, may pay to wait for a few more
announcements/price points.

One thing, I think the acer has only a single core atom, a two core
atom would be superior.