[mythtvnz] Trying to troubleshoot DVB-T artifacts

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 26 20:58:53 BST 2009

________________________________
From: Guy Gibson <ggibson at orcon.net.nz>
To: MythTV in NZ <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Sunday, 26 April, 2009 11:11:00 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Trying to troubleshoot DVB-T artifacts

Hi Guy,
Thanks for your feedback.
Sounds like your experience on the TVNZ multiplex is similar to mine.
Surely this isn't acceptable? Does this happen with FreeviewHD settop boxes as well?

Steve Im getting a similar output from dvbtune to you and what Jean-Francois  have shown.  My signal strength hovers around 38000-39000 on all 3 multiplexes.  TV3 (1080i) is now pretty solid and C4(same multiplex) is much better.  720p content on the TVNZ multiplex does suffer from at times severe pixilation(blockiness) in times of fast pans etc.  Also seeing some on TVNZ 7 as well which is the TVNZ multiplex but 576I I believe..

Guy

      Get fit, feel better! All the help you need at Yahoo!Xtra Health - http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/health