[mythtvnz] Problem adding VDPAU support

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 07:45:52 BST 2009

Hi all,

I just added JYA's repository per his webpage
(http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html).
I added the repo key per step 1, added the Jaunty repo to software
sources and then used the update manager to install updates.  After
eating dinner and coming back to the screen I got the following message:

E: mythtv-backend: subprocess post-installation script returned error
exit status 139
E: mythtv-backend-master: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
E: mythtv: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Am I missing a dependancy somewhere?

Also on this page
(http://www.avenard.org/media/MythTV_%26_VDPAU/MythTV_%26_VDPAU.html) it
makes a comment about needing this "--enable-opengl-video
--enable-vdpau" configure option.  Is this required when launching myth
frontend (I'd like ot be able to launch from the menu if possible)?

Ross