[mythtvnz] VDPAU Results

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 03:28:37 BST 2009

Hi

2009/4/26 Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>:
> Jean-Yves - You are a star. Just trying your latest build under 8.10 with
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86-185.19 and the TV3 1080i feed is now rock solid. No
> issues with the 720p streams either.

Great to know.

I simply increased the size of the video buffer so it's more tolerant
when you have a big delay between audio and video.
This mod was required with HD-PVR which has a big delay between sound
and video frame.

> I've also been through all of the 576i channels, and all of the active
> channels work fine, but two of the channels (Parliament and Maori) have a
> test card up at this time on a Sunday and produce a lot of audio errors.
>
> 2009-04-26 11:37:00.487 Audio 102 ms behind video but already 100 video
> frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken.
> 2009-04-26 11:37:00.527 Audio 142 ms behind video but already 100 video
> frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken.
> 2009-04-26 11:37:00.586 Audio 33 ms behind video but already 100 video
> frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken.

> The video stream is basically a low bitrate still image with a HE-AAC
> audio stream behind it. I'll try and grab a sample for further analysis.

You get those errors if you have -v playback active ;
but is the sound okay ?

I've seen videos that do show those errors, yet they play fines.

> What needed changing for your recent build?
>
> Also is there a source package I could pull I'd like to try and fix some
> of the MHEG-5 issues we have with freeview|HD and I'd like to use your
> build as the starting point.

you can download the source packages of my repository.

The last one being:
http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos/files/mythtv_0.21.0+fixes-20450-openglvdpau-0ubuntu3.tar.gz

Here you will find the original source file ; the list of all the
patches are in debian/patches
the list of the patches applied are in debian/patches/00list

If compiling on 8.10 ; make sure you don't install the 30_python patch
; it's for python 2.6 that comes with Jaunty

> Thanks for all your hard work

You're welcome