[mythtvnz] TV3 +1 in EPG

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Tue Apr 14 10:41:11 BST 2009

On 14/4/09 7:17 PM, David Shepherd wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has an EPG solution for TV3's new Plus 1 channel?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

I haven't done this for Plus 1 since I have 2 dvb-s cards, but this is
along the same lines as I've used to create proper BBC World programs on
my One lineup.

You'll need to manually create a new channel for your TV3 Plus 1, and
I'd give it the same callsign as your original TV3 so that Myth
considers them the same for duplicate matching.

You'll also need to insert the correct chanid into the script, replace
9999 with the Plus 1 chanid, and 3333 with the original TV3 chanid. Then
run this script just after doing your mythfilldatabase and you should be
set.

I'll stress that this hasn't been tested, and is likely to break if/when
the schema for the program table is changed. That said I've been using
similar scripts/processes like this since 0.19.

#!/bin/sh

#
# MySQL settings
#
HOST=myth.local
USER=mythuser
PASS=mythpassword
DB=mythconverg

mysql -u $USER -h $HOST --password=$PASS -e "
DELETE FROM program WHERE chanid=9999;

REPLACE INTO program
(chanid, starttime, endtime, title, subtitle, description, category,
category_type, airdate, stars, previouslyshown, title_pronounce, stereo,
subtitled, hdtv, closecaptioned, partnumber, parttotal, seriesid,
originalairdate, showtype, colorcode, syndicatedepisodenumber,
programid, manualid, generic, listingsource, first, last, audioprop,
subtitletypes, videoprop)
SELECT
9999, DATE_ADD(starttime, INTERVAL 1 HOUR), DATE_ADD(endtime, INTERVAL 1
HOUR), title, subtitle, description, category, category_type, airtime,
stars, previouslyshown, title_pronounce, stereo, subtitled, hdtv,
closecaptioned, partnumber, parttotal, seriesid, originalairdate,
showtype, colorcode, syndicatedepisodenumber, programid, manualid,
generic, listingsource, first, last, audioprop, subtitletypes, videoprop
FROM program
WHERE chanid=3333;

" $DB

# end of script

Oh, and all this assumes that the Plus 1 has all the programs that TV3 has.

  - Wade