[mythtvnz] New BEta Driver 185.19 allows the GPU to use system RAM instead of video RAM ....

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Apr 7 05:15:12 BST 2009

On Tue, April 7, 2009 3:04 pm, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/4/7 Douglas Pearless <Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz>:
>> The latest driver may mean that you can get away with less than 512MB of
>> video RAM:
>>

> That's only for integrated graphic...
> Like motherboard with 8200/8400/9400 IGP.
>
> Won't work with discrete video card ; or motherboard using discrete
> graphic chip like a 9600GM

Interesting. I'll try it with my laptop tomorrow with some TV3 content. it
has a 8400M GS 256Mb which currently won't handle it.

This will certainly open up a lot more integrated MBs and laptops to VDPAU.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz