[mythtvnz] Frontend has wrong time code on recordings

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 05:44:56 BST 2009

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that.  I think that was the problem and thanks for the link I
think I've managed to fix everything (haven't rewatched everything!).
There wasn't any easy way to automatically redo every recording so I
managed to write a simple script (my first so its very coarse):

#!/bin/bash

# this line optimises the mysql database
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl

# path to the recordings
FILEPATH=/var/lib/mythtv/recordings

# this loops through each file and rebuilds the seektable
for f in $FILEPATH/*.mpg
do
  mythtranscode --mpeg2 --buildindex --allkeys --infile $f
done

I couldn't get the commercial flagger option to work and it took a long
time to work through the whole list.  Also this does all recordings, not
just the ones that are damaged.  Not sure if anyone wants to improve
this and make it available or not?

Cheers
Ross