[mythtvnz] Does the HVR 900 have an LNA setting orsomethingsimilar?

Alan Walls Alan.Walls at trimble.co.nz
Wed Apr 1 01:17:53 BST 2009

A follow up.

As expected, the newer driver doesn't have anything that looked like an LNA setting.

I also downloaded PowerCinema onto my windows machine so I could view the DVB-T stream on Windows.  Viewing TV was flawless and it reported a strong signal strength.

On my Linux box both Myth and dvbtune reported matching low signal strengths, at times last night it was down to 3%.  Dvbtune had no trouble locking onto the signal but unexpectedly always showed zero SNR and the signal strength appeared not to change, until I stopped and restarted dvbtune.  I'm starting to not trust the statistics from the linux driver.

I later discovered I had "real time thread priority" set in my frontend.  Removing it made a big difference but the picture is still not perfect.