[mythtvnz] Recommendation for 3.3v PCI DVB-S card

Greg Brackley lists-mythtv-nz at lucidsolutions.co.nz
Wed Sep 10 12:58:46 BST 2008

----- Original Message -----
> From: Jeremy Lamb
>
> The Hauppauge Nova S Plus is keyed for both and
> I've had one running fine in a PCI-X slot which are 3.3v
> only. It's also dirt cheap due to lack of accelerated MPEG-2
> decoding and works mint with any reasonably recent kernel.

Jeremy,

Thanks for the follow-up. I looked at the Nova S but didn't find (or look
very hard for) a local source. I got a TT-budget S-1401 which is a universal
PCI card. I haven't plugged it in yet, but it looks like it meets most of my
requirements. It will be good not to have the big can based tuners.

I've started to capture some info about it if anyone is interested.
http://plone.lucidsolutions.co.nz/dvb/s/techno-trend-tt-budget-s-1401-dvb-s-pci-card