[mythtvnz] Mythkiwi.com - MythTV Wiki based site

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Oct 30 00:15:51 GMT 2008

On 30/10/2008, at 11:50 AM, Hayden Lovett wrote:

> So you can have copyrighted images if you don't copy it to your
> site, just link a copy?  I will have to do the same.  Thanks.
>
> Those guides you have look great, but I'm building a community
> maintained wiki here to centralise MythTV information in NZ.  Having
> information locked away on a site that only a few people have the
> key to limits the user interaction and the amount of information
> that can be collected.  Just take a look at the amount of info
> Wikipedia collects.  I'm not trying to compete with your sites, I'm
> trying to make more information available to more people and give
> MythTV the attention it deserves.

I have the same aims for mythtv.co.nz. A number of people have
accounts, and they are easy enough to be requested.

As for Wikipedia, I actually spend a bit of time dealing with bad
edits and abuse for a number of NZ and media related pages.

> How about converting some of those guides you have to wikis?  Might
> help get more people involved with MythTV.

Might do.. Which wiki are you using under the hood?

email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz