[mythtvnz] Xmltv options not showing

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Oct 29 20:43:17 GMT 2008

> sudo echo $PATH
> /usr/local/sbin:*/usr/local/bin*
> :/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
>
> Its still there

I seem to recall a similar problem that was due to perl running in some
sort of secure mode that wouldn't allow it to run as root. I had to make
sure that the backend (which fires off mythfilldatabase and hence the
xmltv stuff) was run as a normal user otherwise it failed silently.

Also, using sudo inherits the path of the user running it (I think!!) so
your check with 'sudo echo $PATH' may not show the true state.

--
Robin Gilks