[mythtvnz] MythTv playback on Windows Vista

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 23:26:49 BST 2008

Sorry your questions/comments are just too vague.

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Ross and Jemima <ross.jemima at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Windows Vista is what I am running.

There is a thread pointing to windows binaries here:

However they are a little old to incorporate the changes made by Paul
Kendall if you are after DVB-T.

> At the moment I can play the files through mythweb using VLC media player or
> Windows Media Player.  VLC does the best job and you can deinterlace as
> well.  However some recordings are laggy and drop frames or have audio
> problems.  It doesn't seem to make a difference if I download them to my
> laptop either.  I'm wondering if its some content protection mechanism in
> Vista that can't process the high def video fast enough.  Or it is a codec
> issue.

what codecs are you trying to play? What exactly is the content? ie
where did mythtv get it from? Is it analogue, or DVB-S or DVB-T? All 3
will be using different audio (and video) codecs.

> I've tried the latest stable (4.something) and development versions
> of Myth Player (5.0) but have the issue with the audio stream not being
> found.  I was just wondering if anyone else is running a windows frontend
> with FreeviewHD and what they've done.  I've also tried running a live-CD of
> Mythbuntu but it doesn't seem to connect properly either.

"It doesn't seem to connect properly" is a bit unscientific. What are
your symptoms and error messages?