[mythtvnz] EPG Data

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 03:50:06 BST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Evan Giles <evan at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi Hads
>
> I hear that you provide the EPG data for mythtv in NZ (which by the way
> I have been using very happily for a while - thank you)
>
> I also hear that you apply hacks to the data to overcome the vagueness
> of the broadcasting people...
>
> With that in mind, would it be possible to massage the "Dr Phil"
> listings into something more consistent?  I have just had it pointed out
> to me by my wife that I have missed todays recording.
>
> It seems that it is sometimes listed as "Dr Phil" (7th Oct)  and
> sometimes listed as "Dr. Phil" (8th, 9th 10th Oct).
>
> Thanks in advance - and apologies if this sort of email gets in the way
> of more interesting stuff.

Short of manipulating the data you could make a custom recording rule.
My regex foo is non existent, but there must be a rule that matches
Dr. Phil and Dr Phil as well as Doctor Phil for when they next try to
break it.

There was a similar thread in relation to Doctor|Dr|Dr. Who last time
it was showing...