[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu card installed but not recording

Brendan Gray bpgray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 09:13:29 BST 2008

I think i figured out part of the problem - I hadn't set the
directories properly. I've since figured out and gone into terminal and
# mkdir /dev/video
# chmod a+rwx /dev/video

I then exited out of the mythtv config, no not writable errors.

Then I go into LiveTV. Unfort I am now getting another error "I should
have gotten a channel lock by now...."

Hopefully I can post links to this user group;

Here's the error message when trying to watch live TV

http://picasaweb.google.com/bpgray/Ubuntu#5252091909475656738

When I goto the /dev/video directory and do a # ls command, its
showing a programme file there now where there was none before. I had
managed to get out of the liveTV screen and into a schedule screen,
then get it to record something playing at the moment. However I
cannot get it to play.

Also when I go into mythweb, select recorded programmes then try to
stream it or direct download I get this error;

"3977_20081001203817.mpg does not exist in any recognized storage
group directories for this host."