[mythtvnz] Trying to get HD going on a Hauppauge PVR-1200

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 18:42:54 GMT 2008

>So which distro and build of MythTV are you using, and do you have Pauls
>patches for freeview|HD?

>Steve
I am using mythtv (0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1) intrepid build from Ubuntu.
(x86_64)
I guess Paul's patches have made it into this build as the Loopfilter option
is there and turning it off stopped my crashing issue.

However, I still have issues with sound. CH3 works fine, I think because it
has MP3 streams. The rest don't work as they use AAC+ which I don't
thing is supported yet. Does anyone know of any status on that?

By the way just for everyone's info. This motherboard together with a Core
Duo 2 E7300, CPU usage is 25% on TV1, TV2 etc, and 40% on TV3 (1080i).
CPU temperature never gets above 45degC watching TV3 on a hot day ....

I am quite happy with that until hardware decoding for  h.264 support is
added for the G45 chipset.

Cheers,
Bernie