[mythtvnz] Diskless Front-End

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Sun Nov 30 07:58:09 GMT 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Ross and Jemima <ross.jemima at gmail.com>wrote:

> Does anyone use the XBOX frontend option?  I was looking at it the other
> day and wondered how well it works.

Yes I do - I can't recommend it as a MythTV frontend. Performance is just
too sluggish.

However I do recommend using XBMC as a general purpose media player - you
can watch MythTV Live TV and recordings as well as anything else. It's
great. You cant do Myth things like schedule recordings. To the OPs original
question, it's fair to say it's not totally silent.

In the end, if you have an old Xbox its a cheap frontend, but if you are
building from scratch, I'd go the Via Epia route.

I also use an Asus eeePC occasionally. Fantastic machine.

- David