[mythtvnz] Suggestions for archiving recordings larger than a DVD?

Cameron McConnochie cmcconnochie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 19:34:26 GMT 2008

Have you considered transcoding to Xvid to make them fit - if that's an
option?  With the majority of new DVD players supporting playback it
shouldn't cause too much hassle.

I have a job setup in Myth which runs on the majority of my recordings and
transcodes to Xvid using nuvexport and memcoder.  I set mine up using this
guide: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=346778&highlight=nuvexport.
Note that there are a few ammendments further down the post as changes were
made to products.

Just another option you might want to consider.

Cameron